All animals may suffer from back, neck, pelvic and musculoskeletal problems at some time during their life. And like us, they may benefit from chiropractic care. Although it is mainly horses and dogs that have regular treatments, a huge variety of other animals have also benefited – cats, farm animals, birds and a variety of “exotics”.
Whatever the age of your animal, whatever your chosen life style, activity or sport with your animal, you can improve the comfort, and even performance of your animal with the aid of chiropractic care. Chiropractic will align and balance the animal's musculoskeletal system, so optimising the individual's dynamic flexibility. By making subtle adjustments throughout the whole body whilst paying special attention to the spine and pelvis, health, soundness and performance may be restored and maintained.
How to tell when your animal may benefit from a chiropractic treatment – below are some typical indicators:
- An unexplained deterioration in performance or unexpected change in behaviour
- Uneven muscle development or muscle atrophy
- Resistance to normal exercise or in particular certain movements
- Loss of impulsion; difficulty in engaging the hindquarters; or an inability to track up
- Reoccurrence of symptoms previously apparent and successfully treated
- Reluctance or resistance when having tack, rugs or head collar put on
- Uneven wear of shoes / resistance to farrier
- Uneven contact in the reins when ridden or lunged
- Unwillingness or lack of power when going up or down hills