All animals may suffer from back, neck, pelvic and musculoskeletal problems at some time during their life. And like us, they may benefit from chiropractic care. Although it is mainly horses and dogs that have regular treatments, a huge variety of other animals have also benefited – cats, farm animals, birds and a variety of “exotics”.
Whatever the age of your animal, whatever your chosen life style, activity or sport with your animal, you can improve the comfort, and even performance of your animal with the aid of chiropractic care. Chiropractic will align and balance the animal's musculoskeletal system, so optimising the individual's dynamic flexibility. By making subtle adjustments throughout the whole body whilst paying special attention to the spine and pelvis, health, soundness and performance may be restored and maintained.
How to tell when your animal may benefit from a chiropractic treatment – below are some typical indicators:
- Difficulty jumping into cars or climbing stairs
- Showing discomfort or crying out when stroked along their backs or unwilling to be touched
- Crying out when getting up or lying down
- A reluctance to play or exercise
- An abnormal posture
- A change in behaviour such as snapping when being stroked, or an unwillingness to sit or lie down
- Signs of muscle atrophy (wasting) or an over development of a particular muscular area
- A deterioration in performance in a working and competition dog